Vmware announced VMware vRealize Automation 8.2, the latest release of VMware’s industry-leading, modern infrastructure automation platform. This release delivers new and enhanced capabilities for us most important Infrastructure Automation use cases, such as Modern Automation, Self-Service Cloud, Network Automation, DevOps for Infrastructure, and Kubernetes Automation. Vmware further enable IT/Cloud admins, DevOps engineers, and Kubernetes operators to create, deliver and control their infrastructure environments and resources faster than ever, while leveraging a public cloud self-service experience with enhanced security and control.
vRealize Automation 8.2 Key Capabilities
vRealize Automation 8.2 introduces VMware Cloud Templates (previously vRealize Automation Blueprints), the cloud templating engine for VMware Cloud infrastructure provisioning and orchestration. Our latest release expands support for VMware Cloud Foundation, Kubernetes, NSX, and enhanced integrations with third-party tools, including Terraform and ServiceNow.
With vRealize Automation 8.2, customers can accelerate their infrastructure modernization journeys and achieve increased scalability, agility, flexibility and reliability. The latest release delivers enhanced capabilities for customers to further reduce the complexity of their IT environments, streamline IT processes, and modernize their operations with a future-ready infrastructure automation platform.
Key vRealize Automation 8.2 capabilities and enhancements include:
- Modern Automation. Increase control with fine-grained custom roles-based permissions. Enhanced multi-tenancy with centralized management of tenant infrastructure. Apply approvals for Day 2 actions on all service catalog items. Leverage storage limit enhancements with First Class Disks (FCD) support.
- Self-Service Cloud. Simplify private cloud setup via reinforced integration with VMware Cloud Foundation.
- Network Automation. Enhanced networking Day 2 actions and support for NSX-T Policy APIs.
- DevOps for Infrastructure. Apply a modern Infrastructure as Code (IaC) templating standard for VMware Cloud infrastructure with VMware Cloud Templates. Leverage Terraform service via service catalog and IaC. Define and share actions across projects with Action Based Extensibility (ABX).
- Kubernetes Automation. Enable self-service provisioning of Kubernetes namespaces via service catalog and IaC.
Post a Comment