VMware Automation 8.6 has released as on October 5, 2021. With this release, VMware has provided several enhancements and new capabilities.
The latest release of VMware’s powerful and easy-to-use infrastructure automation platform. Designed to deliver self-service clouds, multi-cloud automation with governance, and DevOps-based infrastructure management and enhanced security, Automation will improve IT agility, productivity, and efficiency so you can prepare for the future of your business.
Automation 8.6 capabilities and enhancements will include:
- Multi-Cloud. Leverage Azure provisioning capabilities, including the ability to configure the name for the Azure NIC interfaces.
- Modern. Leverage the Workspace support for Code Stream to support Kubernetes. Onboard vSphere networks as an additional resource type in the onboarding workflow.
- Automate. Utilize the ability to configure tags in a VMware Cloud Template for machines running in VMware Cloud. Discover new Project Supervisor role for approvals.
- Integrate. Manage VCD-based MSP clouds in . Discover the native Configuration Automation Config via modules for vSphere, VMware Cloud and NSX. Deploy custom resources with ABX actions. Leverage third-party integrations with Puppet Enterprise support for machines without a Public IP address. Leverage Cloud Templates with dynamic Orchestrator inputs.
Key benefits of Automation 8.6:
- Faster Time to Market. Offload manual tasks with advanced workflows and agile templating.
- Ease of Use. Rapidly set up and manage multi-cloud environments throughout the lifecycle with an intuitive, self-service consumption experience.
- Enhanced Security and Control. Establish consistent policies across multi-cloud environments and strengthen infrastructure with native compliance management, flexible guardrails, and vulnerability remediation.
- Accelerated Innovation. Expedite the adoption of new, cloud-native technologies with a future-ready platform built on Infrastructure as Code and DevOps principles.